Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A boy and his dog...Ten Eyck Tuesday

So I took a trip yesterday up to Hartford to join in an awesome workshop given by none other than Ms. Carla Ten Eyck.  When I first met Carla I thought she was some stuffy Hartford county photographer but...it turns out she's actually quite hilarious!  Carla is one of the most big hearted, genuine, and kind people I've ever met.  I was honored to be a part of Ten Eyck Tuesday.  This was an incredible day of learning, shooting, laughing, eating (she's quite a cook too) and networking.   Carla kicked me right out of my comfort zone and had me photographing REALLLY close to one of the largest dogs (and men) I've ever seen.  Mike and Max were incredible subjects, it's always a pleasure to photograph a couple in love but this was extra special somehow.  When Mike slipped that wedding ring on Max's paw, well...     
These are some of the photographs I took from the day.  Please check out more fabulous pics on Ms. Ten Eycks blog.  Oh, and that photo of me she has on there - clearly she has some photoshop tool that ADDS wrinkles!
Thank you Carla for an awesome day!

3 comments:

carla ten eyck said...

wow what a romantic shoot this was!!!

And to clarify, I actually AM a stuffy Hartford County photographer!!

So glad you made it across the Q bridge alive and well and all the way up to little ole' Hartford for my class- you were WAY too much fun to have!!

See you on Friday I hope!

Robin Dini Photography said...

You are too funny Cheryl! The two of you! ;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos Cheryl! And the models weren't too bad either. That HUGE dog is adorable, a big snuggle bunny, just like you :)

Love your work - your the best damn photographer I know. And had I known you were so versatile I would have been bringing my dog all these years on our shoots.